World of Warcraft adds some small but impactful new quality-of-life improvements to the game in Patch 10.2.5, Seeds of Renewal.
- Patch 10.2.5, Seeds of Renewal, introduces small but impactful quality-of-life improvements to World of Warcraft, including showing the remaining time for completing holiday event activities in the Traveler’s Log.
- These quality-of-life updates are part of the ongoing effort to improve the game’s framework through regular updates, building upon the improvements introduced in the Dragonflight expansion.
- The upcoming year will bring more quality-of-life improvements, with four more updates planned before the release of The War Within expansion in the fall, including major upgrades in the pre-patch, such as the alt-friendly Warbands feature.
World of Warcraft is getting some helpful quality-of-life improvements soon, including one that shows how much time is remaining to complete Traveler’s Log activities tied to holiday events. Though Patch 10.2.5, Seeds of Renewal, introduces tons of big changes to World of Warcraft, some of its smallest ones will be the most impactful.
The release of Patch 10.2.5 is imminent, bringing Dragonflight epilogues, worldwide Dragonriding, and the Azerothian Archives public archaeology event to World of Warcraft. As the first patch of 2024, Seeds of Renewal goes live on January 16.
World of Warcraft Adds Limitation to Follower Dungeon Feature in Patch 10.2.5
World of Warcraft adds a limitation to Follower Dungeons, a feature in Patch 10.2.5, Seeds of Renewal, that lets players enter instances with NPCs.
However, some of the most important changes coming to World of Warcraft in this new patch are in its quality-of-life improvements. These changes continue the trend Dragonflight began at its launch by gradually improving the framework of the game through evergreen updates. World of Warcraft shared a preview of one of these improvements – a new Traveler’s Log feature that shows how much time is left for holiday activities – on its official Twitter, but players can find even more of these quality-of-life features on the patch notes for WoW Seeds of Renewal.
Quality-of-Life Features in WoW Patch 10.2.5
- Holiday event activities in the Traveler’s Log now show how much time remains to complete them.
- Art for predictions and absorbs on the unit frame, as well as the instance difficulty banner, have been updated.
- Players can favorite individual set pieces in the Transmog Sets pane by right-clicking.
- The WoW Trading Post catalog displays all items included in ensembles, which can be previewed individually.
- All transmog appearances unlocked via quest rewards are now announced in the chat box.
- Most toasts, including Great Vault unlock alerts, can be dismissed early with a right click.
- Edit Mode Frame Snapping and the Color Picker have been improved.
Nearly every patch since Dragonflight’s launch has introduced new quality-of-life updates. Players have seen an overhaul to the user interface, the new action targeting and ping systems, gray and white transmogs, and even the ability to sell all junk items with the click of a button added since the expansion’s release. This newest set of quality-of-life improvements will help continue the journey of modernizing World of Warcraft as it approaches its 20-year anniversary in 2024.
Fans can expect even more quality-of-life improvements in the coming year. The recent 2024 roadmap for World of Warcraft placed four more updates before The War Within in the fall. The pre-patch for World of Warcraft’s next expansion adds tons of major quality-of-life upgrades on its own, including the alt-friendly Warbands features, so fans can look forward to more major improvements in the near future.
World of Warcraft: Dragonflight
World of Warcraft: Dragonflight was developed by Blizzard Entertainment and is the ninth expansion pack for the iconic massively multiplayer online role-playing game World of Warcraft.
Dragonflight features an overhauled user interface, raises the level cap to 70, and introduces a new race and class.
- November 28, 2022