Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 goes live today as the final major preview before the stable release in March.
In particular, the January 2023 security patch is still in place and may be addressed in a later update (e.g. beta 3.1). The following issues have been resolved in Beta 3 (T2B3.230109.002).
Developer-reported issues and user-reported issues
- Fixed an issue where notifications in notification groups would sometimes appear with straight corners instead of rounded corners. (Issue #264287776, Issue #265529116)
- We fixed an issue where the notification shade message indicating an active VPN connection overlaps with the message about apps with active foreground services. (Issue #266075977)
- Fixed an issue where the overflow menu was not accessible when editing the quick settings tile. (Issue #263484657)
- Fixed an issue where devices with vibration enabled could vibrate for a long time after receiving a notification. (Issue #239676913)
Other resolved issues
- Fixed an issue where the messaging app could crash or fail to send notifications.
- Fixed a GPU issue that prevented apps from using certain visual effects.
- Fixed an issue where work profile quick settings tiles were not added after setting up a new device.
- Fixed an issue where the Pixel Launcher could crash when using the app drawer search bar.
- Fixed an issue where a pattern could not always be used to unlock the device after the Google Assistant was activated.
- Fixed an issue with the com.android.qns system process that could cause crashes.
- Fixed an issue with Pixel Launcher not recognizing Chinese text input when typing in the app drawer search bar.
- Entering and exiting Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode from the app after changing the screen orientation crashed the System Settings app with the message “Settings keeps hanging” and the System Settings app could not be opened. Fixed the problem.
- Fixed a system UI issue that could crash from a null pointer exception.
- Fixed an issue where the Bluetooth device connection state may not match the actual device state.
- Fixed an issue where the Pixel Launcher would crash when a user tapped a web search suggestion for a query term.
- Fixed an issue where the status bar icon overlaps the date text when font and display settings are set to maximum level on the device.
However, the problem remains that “the list may become unresponsive if the screen orientation is changed while the list of recently used apps is open.”
It’s very strange that Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 remains at the January 2023 security patch level, as Google typically releases betas after the latest monthly Android security patch release. It’s not expected until Monday, February 6th.
If installed For QPR2 Beta, exiting the program causes a wipe, and the next opportunity to exit without data loss will be in March after the stable launch.
Android 13 QPR2 beta 3 system image Available on Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 5a, Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 6a, Pixel 7, Pixel 7 Pro. Similar to the Android Emulator.
Most users prefer Beta 3 Android Beta Program websiteAn OTA update is expected in the next few hours.If you need help, here is our full Android 13 installation guide.
FTC: We use automated affiliate links to earn income. more.