The County Farm Bureau’s organization, along with Oklahoma Farm Bureau, donated $ 14,735 to community food pantry, food banks, and other food assistance programs through the OKFB Community Food Assistance Matching Program in April.
The program connects the county’s Department of Agriculture with its community through donations to local food aid programs. OKFB has doubled the impact of each gift, consistent with county donations of up to $ 100.
The program serves as an opportunity for farmers and ranchers to assist members of the local community through the very products that state farmers grow and grow on a daily basis.
38 county organizations and women’s leadership committees in three counties responded to calls to combat food insecurity in the local community.
The participating county agricultural bureaus and the organizations that received the donations are:
- Cado: Anadarco Senior Nutrition Activity Fund, Apache Senior Center, Carnegie Senior Nutrition Center, Cement Nutrition Center, Cyril Senior Nutrition Center, Hinton Senior Nutrition Program, Binger Community Center, Eakley Ministery Alliance, HydroMinistery Alliance, Gracemont Ministery Alliance, Fort Cobb Senior Center
- Canada: Blessing Basket
- Cherokee: Tale Cua Farmers Market
- Comanche: Lawton Food Bank
- Comanche WLC: Lawton Food Bank
- Craig: Neighbors Helping Neighbors
- Creek: Olive First Baptist Church Food Assistance Program, Drumright First United Methodist Blessing Box, Bristow Social Services
- Custer: Clinton Mission House and Connection Food & Resource Center
- Ellis: Ellis County Food Bank
- Garfield: RSVP Enide Mobile Meal
- Garfield WLC: RSVP Enide Mobile Meal
- Grant: Linda’s Road
- Greer: Christian Ray Enterprise
- Harper: Buffalo Food Pantry and Laburn Food Pantry Association
- Haskell: McCurtain Senior Citizens Center, Stigler Nutrition Center, Whitefield Town, Keota Senior Citizens Center
- Hughes: Texas Banner Church of God Food Bank and Holdenville Ministerial Alliance Food Bank
- Jackson: First Joint Methodist Church
- Johnston: Reaching for Johnston County
- Kay: Witbier Nutrition Project
- Kiowa: First Joint Methodist Church
- LeFlore: First Baptist Church and Kiamichi Valley Food Pantry
- Lincoln: Sparks Nutrition Site
- Logan: God’s Food Bank
- Major: Fariview School Food Closet
- Maze: Prior Ministry
- Macintosh: First United Methodist Church Mission
- Noble WLC: Operation Blessing
- Okfuskee: You can!Ltd.
- Oklahoma: Oklahoma Regional Food Bank
- Okmargi: Okrumarugi County Family Resources Center
- Ottawa: Ottawa County Salvation Army
- Pawnee: Food Bank and Ministerial Alliance in the Cleveland Region
- Payne: Okmulgee County OSU Extension and Our Daily Bread
- Pottawatomie: Community Market in Pottawatomie County
- Pushmatha: First Baptist Church Community Food Bank and Living Waters Food Bank
- Rogers: Safenet Services
- Stevens: Christians of concern
- Texas: Guymon Bread and Fish and Hooker Food Bank
- Tillman: Tillman County Food Bank
- Washington: Agape Mission and Lighthouse Mission
- Woodward: Food Pantry of the First Joint Methodist Church and First Baptist Church
For more information on the OKFB Community Food Assistance Matching Program, please contact Rebekah Nash ((405) 523-2300).