If you’re tired of saying “Alexa” to get the attention of your smart speaker, or if Amazon’s voice assistant keeps thinking you’re calling when you haven’t, try a new name. It may be the time.
Perhaps you want to call the assistant’s function with the word “computer” and imitate life at Starship Enterprise from the comfort of your home.Or maybe you Parents of 6,000 babies named Alexa in 2015 Before AI became a popular name (a number that naturally plummeted to 1,900 by 2019).
In any case, changing the wake word for Amazon Voice Assistant is easy and you can choose from several different words. Let’s see how to prioritize new wake words and remove Alexa.
You can change your Echo speaker or smart display wake word from Alexa to Ziggy, Echo, Amazon, or Computer for free. (Note: If you’re using a third-party device that has Alexa built in, you may not have the option to change your wake word.)
- Open the Alexa app and tap device
- select Echo & Alexa From the top line of the icon
- Select the device you want to rename. Must be changed individually for each Echo speaker or display.
- In the upper right corner[設定]Tap the icon, scroll down, and click[Wake word.
- Please select a new wake word. (As mentioned above, options include Amazon, Computer, Echo, or Ziggy.)
- It will take some time to update. Then you can start using the new wake word.
You can also choose a celebrity wake word. This will change Alexa’s voice. Current options include Hey Samuel (Samuel L. Jackson), Hey Shaq (Shaquille O’Neal), and Hey Melissa (Melissa McCarthy). It costs $ 4.99 to enable these.See the guide above How to change Alexa’s voice For more information.
You can change the wake word directly on your Echo device using voice commands.
- “Alexa, change your wake word,” he says.
- Alexa says, “You can choose between OK, Amazon, Computer, Echo, or Ziggy. Which of these do you like?”
- Say “computer” (or any word).
- Alexa says, “OK, you can call this device a” computer “in seconds.”
If you have an echo show, you can also use the touch screen to change the wake word.
- Swipe from the top of the screen
- select setting
- Scroll down to select Device options
- Choose Wake word
- Select the option to use with this device
Later this year Amazon is launching a little Disney custom voice assistant.. Unless you are staying at Disney Resort, this is a paid skill. The price has not been announced and the exact release date has not been announced.
According to Amazon, custom voice assistants live with Alexa to help with specific Disney resort questions and provide jokes, fun facts, and over 1,000 “magical interactions” presented by Disney characters. I can do it.You can do it Sign up here and get notified when it’s published..